Hello ya’ll and Happy Fall!
This is one of my favorite times of the year with winter being my number one love. Love the crispness in the air that burns your nose when you first step out lol. Love watching the squirrels search in the leaves and the beautiful colors from the leaves and the pumpkins. Gaaaaaahh, love it!
*sips Caramel Cappuccino coffee*
I’ve been binging on beauty hauls as of late. Will get to those in later post but let’s start with this fn awesome finishing powder by Hourglass.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
On the website:
- Powders mimic universally flattering light sources, not unlike having a personal lighting technician at your disposal.
• By manipulating and filtering out harsh light, powders conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles.
• State-of-the-art formula delivers a multi-dimensional luminescence to every skin tone, making it appear softer, younger and perfectly lit.
• Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, while each can be worn day and night.
• The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography.
What is in this palette?
DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
• INCANDESCENT LIGHT (exclusive to the palette): An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
• RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.
**Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: natural light and flash**
All of those features and benefits that Hourglass claims about the Ambient Lighting Palette are most definitely true!! It gives me an airbrushed look without trying too hard. I legit forgot about my Makeup Forever Face&Body foundations since using this palette. And how I would use it is; well, first I’d go through the whole moisturizer and primer spiel, and then apply concealer to conceal blemishes and dark circles under my eyes, next I’d dip my Real Techniques contour brush (I know! I don’t use this contour at all) in Dim Light and glide it on my T-zone and over places I applied concealer, then dip the Real Techniques blush brush (Yep, smh lol) in Radiant Light and glide all over my face and of course over areas I applied Dim Light. Last I remove excess from the RT contour brush and dip it in Incandescent Light and apply on the cheek bone. Voila, instant flawless finish. But remember, you cannot go overboard with it unless you’re of fair skin tone. This joint could quickly look ashy on me if I slip into lala land while applying.
**Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette swatches: natural light and flash. L to R Dim Light, Incandescent Light, and Radiant Light**
I have no cons to mention but one thing I say is it does cover the pores but if you have Oil Slick City skin like mine, pores will definitely say hello by the 3rd hour. And because of that, you would probably have to blot every few hours. Me, I just use a translucent powder and still look bomb.com.
As for the price… $58 ….. you don’t know how hard my hand was shaking pressing that “Place Order” button on Sephora.com lol. I was literally about to sweat bullets because it’s the first makeup product I ever bought for that price and really prayed, hoping I’ll like it a lot. For that price, liking it “a little” doesn’t cut it. But honestly, I’ll definitely reup as soon as I hit pan. I do plan on getting their single powders in Diffused Light and Mood Light during Sephora’s 20% sale. :]
Places to get Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette?
Amazon.com (don’t get it here, extra $20 steep)